Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Recruiter unleashes explosive Twitter rant

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Mar 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
An Australian recruiter using the twitter handle @exec_hunter this week unleashed a bizarre rant on radio host, writer and comedian Wendy Harmer. After the tweets went viral, the brand damage is immeasurable.
  • Leanne Faraday-Brash | 27 Mar 2013, 05:49 PM Agree 0
    No surprise that explosive, rude and unprofessional behaviour using a public and uncontrollable forum as Twitter should constitute a risk management issue for business. The bigger issues for me are the importance of emotional intelligence which might mean such comments are not made in the first place and the seedy underbelly of recruiting that can mean omnipotent recruiting consultants display obnoxious, arrogant even appalling behaviour ... because they can.
    Yes we acknowledge their power as gatekeepers but how they choose to use that power should determine whether or not they get to build a great business or deserve to go broke.
    I still remember a client telling me when the economy was bad like this a few years ago he went to see a recruiter who checked his watch and then informed my intelligent, educated client he had two minutes exactly in which to impress the recruiter.
    Aussies may forgive a lot of drunk behaviour because we get far too much practice but malicious and narcissistic behaviour when someone is drunk is unlikely to be vastly different (even if it happens behind closed doors)when sober.
    Decent professionals respect their candidates in good times and bad, and not just because they know the candidate of today is the potential client of tomorrow.
  • Leanne Faraday-Brash | 27 Mar 2013, 05:57 PM Agree 0
    No surprise that explosive, rude and unprofessional behaviour using a public and uncontrollable forum as Twitter should constitute a risk management issue. The bigger issues for me are the importance of emotional intelligence which might mean such comments are not made in the first place and the seedy underbelly of recruiting that can mean omnipotent recruiting consultants display obnoxious, arrogant even appalling behaviour ... because they can.
    Yes we acknowledge their power as gatekeepers but how they choose to use that power should determine whether or not they get to build a great business or deserve to go broke.
    I still remember a client telling me when the economy was bad like this a few years ago he went to see a recruiter who checked his watch and then informed my intelligent, educated client he had two minutes exactly in which to impress the recruiter.
    Aussies may forgive a lot of drunk behaviour because we get far too much practice but malicious and narcissistic behaviour when someone is drunk is unlikely to be vastly different (albeit it happens behind closed doors) when sober.
    Decent professionals respect their candidates in good times and bad, and not just because they know the candidate of today is the potential client of tomorrow.
Post a reply