Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Qantas to lay off 300 workers

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Jan 2014, 11:26 AM Agree 0
In a move slammed by unions, Qantas has shut the door on 300 maintenance workers.
  • Shame, Shame Qantas | 23 Jan 2014, 05:14 AM Agree 0
    Shame on Qantas, once was proud to say that Qantas was a an Australian company, now they take this coward act of making staff redundant and have sent the work overseas. I bet all the board members and highly paid executives got their money before they announced that Avalon would close. Qantas could have kept these staff and put the price up of flights as they have done before and blamed the cost factor of running the airline. Shame on Qantas, this airline started in Outback Queensland and if Qantas executives' had done their home work and gone back to the drawing board of how to run an airline in tough times, this would never have happened. Just a shameful act by the CEO and Executives of Qantas, they should all step down and let the people who have devoted their lives to this company, run the company. I do not believe that the Australian Government should help them at all and Qantas should be sold to someone who can ran a once great company and look after the staff who once worked for this great Australian Icon. This is a gutless act on Qantas's behalf to send the jobs overseas
Post a reply