Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Public servants “concerned” over fate of their superannuation

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 24 Mar 2015, 08:04 AM Agree 0
Recent internal documents have shown that a number of public sector employees are worried about the decisions that their employers might make in the near future.
  • MM | 24 Mar 2015, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    The Government can change the PS super legislation (if they can get it through the Senate) whenever they like. The EBA, once set, can't be changed until at least the next round of negotiations and then it has to be "agreed"
    I'd want the super included in the EA too if I was a public servant
  • HR Dude | 24 Mar 2015, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    There is a belief in the APS that their salaries are lower compared to state governments because of their higher Super contributions. If this was reduced you'd have a lot of unhappy people.

I have to say as well that I don't know if the numbers add up when you compare APS against the state agreements as there would be a lot of overlaps with the competencies that define each level.

Add to that the relatively higher pay for lower government workers and you get a somewhat confused entitlement system.
Post a reply