Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Prevent employee resignations this New Year

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 03 Jan 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The beginning of the New Year often spells resolutions, and for employees who felt unappreciated and disengaged in 2012, top of their list may be “new year, new career”.
  • Max Underhill | 03 Jan 2013, 02:57 PM Agree 0
    I am amazed at the "well it trigger time" I had better think about rewarding etc. I had hoped HR had moved on and we had started to put in place quantitative performance management systems that empower our employees and allow them to give you feedback on how they are performing on an on-going basis (on the factory floor this might be every shift or weekly). Not because the calendar clicked over or it was some anniversary or the memo told us it was appraisal time.

We have progressed beyond those 70's and 80's days we are now in the modern HCM era. Know what the future organization needs are, develop our people for that future, provide the performance framework and empower the people to manage and report on their outcomes - it is what we pay them for.
Post a reply