Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Practical tips for overcoming the talent shortage

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 29 Sep 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Employers should adopt a more sustainable approach to recruitment, looking outside traditional hiring methods and considering candidates who may not meet all of the job specifications, but whose capability gaps can be filled in a timely and cost effective way, writes Lincoln Crawley
  • madhu | 04 Oct 2010, 10:37 PM Agree 0
    hr managers should focus on the hidden talent from the employees.if we practice more we can get highly talented people in the organization
  • Manouel Hourmozi | 16 Oct 2011, 08:46 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Lincoln Crawley's view expressed in 'Practical tips in managing the talent shortage.' I would like to add that perhaps the broad discussion on talent be directed away from talent shortage and rather to a need to realise the untapped potential capacity of current and prospective employees. There is a need to recruit, develop and in return obtain high levels of engagement from these future and current employees rather than focusing on a skill(s) that these individuals may not have at any one particular point in time. There cannot be expected that high levels of engagement will be maintained over the long term if Organisation A cherry picks employees from Organisation B. Investing greater resources in the search and development of potential talent will lead to employees maintaining high levels of engagement over the long term. Perhaps, there may actually be realised that there is no talent shortage.
Post a reply