Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Over-used words of the workplace No.1: PERFECT

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 14 Sep 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
There are many over-used or incorrectly used words in the workplace, but could the no.1 contender be the word “perfect”…?
  • HRProfessional | 14 Sep 2012, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    Really? This is what we've come down to, articles on the appropriate use of a word? No wonder the business has a negative perception of HR. I wonder how coaching a manager on the correct use of the term 'perfect' would go down. This article is value adding stuff, not.
  • Mr G | 14 Sep 2012, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    'HRProfessional' - I fear you've totally missed the whole point of the article, and indeed the section where this article is located on the website. It's intended to be a bit 'lighter', not a deep analysis of the HR profession! Where's your sense of humour?
  • James Jones | 14 Sep 2012, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    HR Professional - the newsletter i recieved was titled 'Fun Friday' and hense I assume the lighter content. We love it in our office keep up the good work HC Online..........HR Pro go and have a couple of friday evening drinks.
  • Chris Wannop | 15 Sep 2012, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    "Going forward", instead of "in the future" gets me every time!
    I know it is often used by politicians and business leaders because it "sounds" DYNAMIC, but really, it shows a lack of vocabulary.
  • Felicity Law | 21 Sep 2012, 01:28 PM Agree 0
    I'm over the over-used marketing/sales phrase "end-to-end" and "turn-key solutions"... use them all in the same sentence and go for the double crown!
Post a reply