Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Outsourcing atrocities rock Australia

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 26 Jun 2013, 12:04 AM Agree 0
In the aftermath of a Bangladeshi factory disaster, a number of Australia’s big-brands are in the spotlight over outsourcing to entities providing horrendous working conditions to workers.
  • Rob | 26 Jun 2013, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    This issue goes right to the heart of what organisations deem to be value. In all of the companies mentioned value = $$ and are prepared to do whatever it takes to appease the shareholders. I would also challenge the HR functions of these companies and ask why they let a culture of gain and greed develop - If HR is going to play a strategic role, then this is an excellent example of what not to do. I would encourage readers to read the book "The Puritan Gift" - it's a great read on why so many companies go into downfall when they only see value as $$'s. I would also suggest understanding your organisational HR Maturity level - it is a significant and trusted KPI that will allude to why these issues happen in companies.
  • Alex Martin | 17 Sep 2013, 06:14 PM Agree 0
    equal rights should be observe for every employee. A good working condition and environment for the employee can make a lot difference for their productivity too
Post a reply