Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Outrageous, offensive and (probably) illegal interview questions

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Oct 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Hiring interviews aren’t always characterised by professional behaviour, according to the results of a study conducted by Development Dimensions International (DDI) and Monster.
  • Bernie Althofer | 28 Oct 2011, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    Whilst we may have a laugh about the questions and the responses, there are certain risks that exist in conducting interviews. For example, a presenter at a Conference was discussing interview risks. She indicated that her legal firm was asked to defend a claim of unlawful discrimination. She asked to see the paperwork and saw that a panel member had written "blond hair, big t..s". The polite legal response provide regarding defensibility was "you don't have a leg to stand on". So whilst some questions may at the time be humourous or responses written as reminders about a particular applicant, there can be legal implications that end up being indefensible.
  • Bernie Althofer | 02 Nov 2011, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    I saw this one in a magazine today. An applicant for an accounting position said "I am a people person, I am no good with numbers".
Post a reply