Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Onboarding? You mean, 'Oh, Boring!'

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Jul 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Lynne Cazaly says organisations can avoid the groan that's often associated with inductions, onboardings, briefings or orientations. For a start, make them engaging and be sure you've got plenty more 'ask' than 'tell' going on.
  • Bernie Althofer | 26 Jul 2010, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    Great comments from Lynne. Introducing new people (or even current employees) to new positions and roles can be challenging particularly when there is no feeling or emotion attached to the presentations (as they mostly are). Learning about an organisation, the rules, the practices, the culture can be overlooked if the 'induction' only focuses on policies and procedures. Pointing new employees in the direction of the meal room, the toilet and the 'bosses office/s) is a sure fire way of losing their interest. I come across employees in the public and private sector who complain about being force fed a load of information that is easily overlooked and I think Lynne hits the nail on the head - let them ask questions.
Post a reply