Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Onboarding: Setting new recruits on course for success

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Jun 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A holistic 'onboarding' process that encompasses the person, as well as organisational needs will help new employees on to the fast-track to success, writes Lea Symonds
  • Louise Marshall | 04 Jun 2010, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    I agree that all of the elements listed for induction form a vital part of the oboarding process however so much of this should be included in the recruitment processs. Physical environment, health and safety, culture and values should be discussed as part of the interview. No one likes surprises on their first day.
  • Todd Hudson | 11 Jun 2010, 01:12 AM Agree 0
    Tools like the SDI are great, but I'm concerned we set unrealistic expectations about how much guidance and development companies can (and should) deliver to new hires, particularly in tough economic times.

Organizations can't do it all for their new employees and neither should they should throw them in the deep end of the pool. They need to make clear that new hires have a responsibility to get themselves onboard and up to speed AND provide a variety of resources to help them.

Todd Hudson, President
    OnBoard Yourself
Post a reply