Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

No winners when it comes to untaken leave

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 30 Oct 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
At first thought it may seem like a good thing that your employees don’t want to take their annual leave – but huge amounts of untaken leave on the balance sheet is a liability.
  • Jeff Andersen | 02 Nov 2012, 10:55 PM Agree 0
    One of the negatives of taking Annual Leave is that you leave a list of things that need to happen in your absence and upon returning they are not done so you end up having to arrange to do them yourself. Then there are the unattended emails that need to be addressed. Needless to say I dread taking annual leave.
  • George Tasker | 11 Nov 2012, 01:14 PM Agree 0
    I've yet to come across anyone about to put their foot in a coffin who wished they had spent an extra hour of their life in the office. I've come across plenty who wish they had spent more time in their life doing non-work based activities.

If you have family or friends get out there and spend some more time with them. Jobs may come and jobs may go but these others are for keeps.
Post a reply