Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mental health in men: An issue we must address

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 10 Sep 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
Today is World Suicide Prevention Day, and beyondblue is raising awareness of mental health in the workplace.
  • David Carwardine | 11 Sep 2013, 06:54 AM Agree 0
    I do not wish to be negative but a capitalist world focuses on bums on seats and productivity. Depression is an inability to communicate a personal understanding or feeling without causing harm especially to those we love. It's as every way will hurt the stability of the life/s that surrounded us. Whatever we know or feel that we find difficult to disclose is far more about outside than inside and the workplace is a part. Survival within capitalism has no room for what you are suggesting. It's a feel good measure until it affects the bottom line when the only realistic act for the security of all within the organization will be to burn the threat and it is now far easier to do as the person has been exposed by the illusion of care in a system that has limits. Workplaces already have many process for communication. If it's not happening already, explain to me why this will make it any better. Unlike the act of responsibility, care has limits. One day the budget may allow us to care more or we may have more time to care. Unless you are all prepared to go all the way and accept harsh honesty that may lead you into the same black hole, just back off, share a beer with me and act as my mate, not my saviour.
Post a reply