Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

McDonald’s secrets to retaining a young workforce

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 13 Nov 2014, 08:52 AM Agree 0
A workforce comprised primarily of high school-aged workers could be a nightmare to manage. Here’s how McDonald’s keeps them engaged – and excited.
  • Cynic | 13 Nov 2014, 11:24 AM Agree 0
    Of course it's an oppurtunity to hire young people and therefore pay them the lowest amount possible.

If they can hire a 15 year old instead of an 19 year old they will, seen it happen.

Call me a cynic!
  • Sarah | 13 Nov 2014, 02:58 PM Agree 0
    Well said Cynic!
    There is nothing earth shattering that they're doing here. They're just communicating via simple methods that work for a young workforce...something most employers with young workers are now doing. Nothing else in the article is new either. Maccas want young staff because they're cheap and it works for their marketing and image too.
    Having said that I do find that if I hire young people who have worked at Maccas they tend to have good discipline and work ethic compared to other young workers - They must teach them something there!
  • Vinsin | 13 Nov 2014, 07:52 PM Agree 0
    Well Technically its not true im one of the young people hired in mcdonalds i only have a inch difference from the older ones. they pay them right even though its small.. all employee have the same salary except the ones that are now years in the business but i bet they started the same with us. Remember mcdonalds is a fast food chain technically pay is low.
Post a reply