Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Managing the autonomous worker

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Jun 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Whilst Gen Y and connectivity often get the blame for the development of more independent, self-managing attitudes towards work, the cause – and the solution – might not be what you think.
  • kevin | 11 Jun 2013, 03:33 PM Agree 0
    McCathy must work in a world were there is no compliance, where work is transation based and there is no need for any consistency in service or patterns of work that mititage risk.

What a wonderful world, even baby boomers would sign up for that, but that's right forgot we are redundant aren't we except to be the verbal point of direct and answers not readily available on google.

What a world it its going to be when we finally hand it over to what will become "a process free zone".
  • Janice | 11 Jun 2013, 05:31 PM Agree 0
    This is rather ironic given an increasingly compliance driven world. However there should always be a good reason for the need for the compliance - not just ticking boxes for the sake of ticking boxes.

I agree that we can never lose sight of our humaness and managers building their people management skills to create a work culture which brings out the best in all employees. (Whatever their age!) Having the skills to make sure employees understand why their work is important and the value they add is an important management skill to build that productive culture.
  • navyatha | 15 Jul 2013, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    yeah! gen y definitely need a different kind of treatment while training them. Managing them and making them engaged is really a tedious task.
    Here is a blog about methods to engage gen y which i would like to share with you.

http://blog.commlabindia.com/elearning/delivery-methods-training-geny
  • kevin | 16 Jul 2013, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    navyatha
    So you were saved because there was a blog or some other reference. Don't need to think for yourself anymore. Must be great. Don't suppose there is a blog for how to gain wisdom and experience from those outside your generation, or would that be asking too much. So again "its all about me" if you are in the younger generation. Keep your thumbs busy or you might miss something.
Post a reply