Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Looking for the “ideal worker”? Time to wake-up

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Jul 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
The hunt for the ideal worker is going to damage organisations in the long run, an expert has claimed.
  • Ayesha Shroff | 22 Jul 2013, 04:51 PM Agree 0
    Seems that we still have a long hike still ahead of us!
    Ofcourse I understand that organisations want the most work for the least amount of money paid ... and maybe that makes single males ideal, but is that reality? Is a homogenous workforce consisting of single, no life balance, males ideal?
  • Peter McInroe | 22 Jul 2013, 10:28 PM Agree 0
    You are right alot of company's large and small think the 18 to 50 is perfect but from what I have seen over the period of my working life they are the most unstable job switching group you can get as they chase the corporate ladder and the greener grass over the fence. the over 50 are more settled and willing to work the long hrs and don't as a rule swap jobs very lightly. It would be interesting to actually see the results of the costs to companys who hire under the 18 to 50 as apposed to companys who hire across the board and what the retention rates are.
    Have an awesome week.
  • A | 23 Jul 2013, 03:04 PM Agree 0
    companies and opposed - and that is coming from a Gen Y that is supposedly clueless about grammar and spelling
Post a reply