Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lonely at the top: Should we be removing corporate hierarchy?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Nov 2013, 01:56 PM Agree 0
Despite a slow march towards flatter management, organisations still feature hierarchies, but one expert is calling for leaders to invite everyone to the top floor.
  • kevin | 25 Nov 2013, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    it is interesting to observe that the heirachial managment structure is an attempt to model business after the miliary.

What is interesting is the whilst the management structure continues to change the military model has remained basically the same.

I always find structure a critical issue because if you get that wrong then everything else tends to follow and you fail.

I don't believe one size fits all and applaud exploring new models but as always whilst a flatter model may have some appeal it also means much less opportunity for advancement.

Getting roles and responsibilities well defined is the basic ingredient to what the structure should be and I would love to hear commentary on this subject.
Post a reply