Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lighter side: World’s weirdest job titles

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 22 Aug 2014, 11:42 AM Agree 0
What’s in a name? Quite a lot if you’re an S&M coordinator or an expert upsetter.
  • Chris | 22 Aug 2014, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    Whilst not the weirdest, not so long ago, in a role not so far away I had a title that certainly made people go "Oh, really?". I looked after training and compliance in a payroll outsourcing space - I was the "Manager for Excellence."
  • Michael Wishart | 22 Aug 2014, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    I once wrote job descriptions for a 'Boring Officer' and a 'Senior Boring Officer'
  • Ken | 22 Aug 2014, 02:06 PM Agree 0
    Hmm, HCMag perhaps you should look closer to home, you employ people with the job title "Trafficker" :)
  • Ken | 22 Aug 2014, 02:11 PM Agree 0
    Some abbreviations for jobs can be amusing. The school my kids go to have a Head of Learning, commonly referred to internally as HOL. Assistant is usually abbreviated to Ass, and of course there's an Assistant Head of Learning ;)
  • Louise | 22 Aug 2014, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    I worked with a Senior Community Resource Officer - Temporary Unit Manager. Not a good acronym either.

• James | 25 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    Wonder if its a coincidence that most of the position titles have sexual innuendo to them?

I don't have a position title to share but I had a direct report who once worked with a Jenna Taylor.
  • Sara | 28 Aug 2014, 04:04 PM Agree 0
    Louise and Ken.... Gold!! I don't have a funny title either but i did enjoy reading the others.
  • Phil | 28 Aug 2014, 06:44 PM Agree 0
    I write recruitment ads for a living and worked for a number of IT companies who recruited Analyst Programmers.

Many of them wanted this abbreviated to 'Anal Programmers' in their ads. I had to point out what this looked like on paper...
Post a reply