Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lessons from the most engaged

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 18 Jul 2012, 12:01 AM Agree 0
New findings have revealed that soldiers, accountants and insurance brokers are the most engaged workers in Australia – what’s the secret?
  • Richard Frazer | 18 Jul 2012, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    I was interested in the story on engagement however it appears inconsistent. The defence services have the highest engagement score on the basis of strong leadership but the checklist of top 10 indicators doesn't include leadership. Am I missing something?
  • Helen | 18 Jul 2012, 04:38 PM Agree 0
    OR work in a safe and healthy environment- not sure how that one works for the armed forces either???
  • Sebastian Harvey | 19 Jul 2012, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps the leadership component is that to create engagement leaders need to support the organisation's values, provide career opportunities, provide workers with autonomy, etc. I guess you would need to read the full report to know what the leadership elements are. It would also be helpful to know what Right Management Consultants used as their definition of 'engagement'. It seems to have a different meaning every time I read it and the results need this context to be meaningful.
Post a reply