Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lawsuit claims Apple ‘treats employees as criminals’

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 15 Jun 2015, 08:09 AM Agree 0
Tech giant Apple is facing a lawsuit as employees take action against a policy which they argue shows them ‘distrust’ and treats them like ‘animals’.
  • Whats the big deal? | 15 Jun 2015, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Bag / locker check is pretty common practice in some industries eg manufacturing / distribution of valuable, easy to move consumer goods like CDs and DVS. Although improvements in technology have meant that its more of a secondary measure in lieu of the use of airport style scanning devices.

Its usually a direct result of having endured theft of such items! Would be interesting to know how much Apple product gets flogged from its retail stores...
  • caca | 16 Jun 2015, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    This is very common, I'm not sure why this would be a relevant case.
    I worked in retail stores in America and we were checked at the end of our shift in every place I worked.
    I wasn't checked for meal breaks though but that was mainly because I worked in very busy stores and generally you only walk out with your wallet, not your whole bag.
    Perhaps just changing the way they check people in front of customers.
Post a reply