Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

International professionals love Australia - from afar, study finds

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 06 May 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Australia is ranked as one of the top countries in the world to work in by professionals from overseas looking to fast-track their careers, a new study has found. However, the wealth of international talent could now be thinking twice about relocating here.

• Adelynn Chan | 06 May 2010, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    I've obtained my permanant residency to live & work in Australia in mid 2008. I have started searching for a job within the HR sphere ever since but have not been successful. The answers which I got from the headhunters of all major recruitment firms are as follow:

1) While you have extensice HR experience in your home country, you Do not possess any local experience

2) We do not consider any off shore applicants

My question:
    I have been granted the PR based on my skills & experiences obtained (totalling 16 years. Why is it then my application to all HR jobs which were advertised were not given the same amount of consideration just because I am not residing in Australia? Wht did the government grant us the visa when we are not able to find decent jobs within Australia?
Post a reply