Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Influencing the C-Suite: advice for HR leaders

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 18 Mar 2014, 12:25 PM Agree 0
HC talks to TNT’s director of HR, administration and customer service about selling ideas, building credibility and winning buy-in from senior management and colleagues.
  • Greg Evans | 18 Mar 2014, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    "if you want a seat at the boardroom table" Respectfully, I think a different table was meant. There's usually only one executive officer at Board level - the CEO.

Otherwise, Susan makes a fair point about needing a deep understanding of the business. It seems a no-brainer for HR people to comprehend how their firm makes money (or delivers other forms of value), but I continue to encounter people in HR roles who have little or no idea of how their organisation really works. "Oh, that's technical stuff - we don't get involved" is not uncommonly heard.
  • Suresh Muke | 22 Mar 2014, 02:28 PM Agree 0
    The HR leaders should become business partner and involved in all the business functions...from design to marketing, the role should not limit to advice but in implementation
Post a reply