Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

“I’m really p***** off with the union”

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 19 Jul 2016, 10:00 AM Agree 0
A group of redundant employees have expressed their anger, saying they were let down by the National Union of Workers
  • Take a road less travaled | 19 Jul 2016, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    At what point will workers wake up and understand the union is not about members rights. It is money making machine to fund the labour party and provide favours and credit cards to support lifestyles of those who feel they should be more priviledged than those of us who work.
    Members are far better to bank their member dues in their own super. $12 per week times 25 years of working is equal to approx $16,000 of super that will earn interest and value.

However employers have to stop doing backdoor deals with unions that also help remove worker rights.
  • faceTheFacts | 20 Jul 2016, 08:22 AM Agree 0
    im an ex- employee at Heinemann duty free and I must say that all the staff from the old company (nuance) had to re-apply for their jobs with the new tender. At the time eg: Irene Kramer, Elizabeth Anderson etc didn't really take the interview process seriously and therefore was not successful with obtaining the position within the business. its extremely sad to hear, however there is always two sides to every story. I feel that Elizabeth and the crew's input to this was extremely sloppy.
Post a reply