Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'Ignorance is not a defence' – how HR can minimise personal liability risks

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 02 Nov 2015, 12:02 AM Agree 0
HC speaks to an employment lawyer, who explains what steps HR can take to prevent getting caught up in a personal liability case.
  • Bernie Althofer | 02 Nov 2015, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    What happens in those smaller organisations that don't have a dedicated HR function or manager, and the HR decisions are left to the manager or CFO?

From time to time, I hear of situations where employment is terminated on a Friday, the person reinstated on Monday, and the actions taken have been done in the name of 'performance management' or 'discipline.

Having read the article it would appear that the message contained should be directed towards some of those smaller organisations where HR deicsions are made by individuals who may not be au fait with current legal requirements or obligations. I suspect that in some cases, complaints might not be forthcoming because some employees may not be aware of their entitlements, or 'know' that if they complain, their future employment in their industry of choice might be limited.
Post a reply