Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

HR recruitment: why you should be using LinkedIn

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 13 May 2014, 08:58 AM Agree 0
Revenue growth and sky-high membership statistics are one thing, but here’s what you need to know about how members are actually using LinkedIn
  • Kenny | 15 May 2014, 05:25 PM Agree 0
    LinkedIn is very much a double edged sword and raises many questions.

For starters, how many of the 56% of users who spend 2 hours per week on LinkedIn do so at work?

Given it's perceived as a business networking tool, probably quite a high proportion, and 18% of people spend 7 hours a week on the site!

That's probably okay of they're recruiters, but otherwise that's a huge hit on productivity.

It can be definitely be useful when you're hiring. It's a great tool for finding people, but on the other hand it makes all your staff very accessible to head hunters, even lousy head hunters.

However, it's not necessarily a reliable source of information, just like CVs aren't.

It's definitely not a substitute for reference checking, and all those reciprocal endorsements people have are pretty much worthless. I know I've been endorsed for skills I have never even claimed to have!

If you use LinkedIn for work, in work time, who owns your profile? (a court case in the UK created some precedence around this - the court decided the employer owned the employee's LinkedIn profile!).

Oh, and who is the author of this article - the elusive Juliette Willow?

Can't find you on LinkedIn ;-)
Post a reply