Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

HR: Professional pixie dust spreaders?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 23 Sep 2014, 12:11 PM Agree 0
The real purpose of HR is not in strategy or planning: it’s “down on the ground and out on the street”, according to one leading expert.
  • Deborah Pearson | 23 Sep 2014, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    I'd love to be a bigger "spreader of pixie dust" but at the end of the day, those "inconsequential" administrative tasks play a significant part in forming the foundations of a strong company with supporting values and culture. And for budgetary or other reasons, it's not always practical to outsource them. To add value to an organisation, I believe there needs to be a balance between transactional (administrative) transitional (pixie dust) and transformational (strategic) functions. The percentages of these three functions will shift depending on priorities and the type of work being done, however it is not only focusing on one area of value.
  • Chris Blackman | 24 Sep 2014, 05:00 PM Agree 0
    My unicorn seems to have consumed the last of my pixie dust while I was out this morning.

If HR sees its role as the maker of an amazing, vibrant, human place to work, and to tell you the truth about what’s working and not working in the organisation, it is trying to do the job of line management.
Post a reply