HRD forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

HR managers on soft skills vs technical skills

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 23 Jan 2017, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Having a strong technical skills set is no longer enough to thrive in a competitive market place, indicates new research
  • JanD | 23 Jan 2017, 02:13 PM Agree 0
    The term "Soft Skills" is offensive and outdated. These are all truly HARD skills! A more appropriate description is Not Technical Skills.
  • David Pearce | 08 Feb 2017, 01:03 AM Agree 0
    Good Article,
    Ask any hiring manager why most sales people fail and they will invariably chalk it up to weak “soft skills” rather than a lack of the technical qualifications. This is not because the technical abilities are not important. It is simply due to the fact that soft skills are primarily natural to the person whereas the technical abilities can be learned. For decades many companies have used tests to identify the underlying personality traits of sales people. I have noticed more and more over the last couple of years that hiring managers are using our tests to evaluate candidates for many non-sales roles. I believe this is a very healthy development as it will reduce job turnover and increase the likelihood that the new employee will succeed. This is a win-win situation since it does mean that more employees will be satisfied in their roles. https://www.salestestonline.com/
Post a reply