Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to know when your boss wants you to leave

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 14 Jun 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Findings from a recent survey have revealed the extent to which negative manager-worker relationships exist in the workplace, and the warning signs that managers use.
  • Jane | 14 Jun 2013, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    The "warning signs" are actual signs of discrimination and harassment and violate legislation! For any manager reading those "warning signs" and think it reflects their own behaviour, be warned, you are breaking the law and exposing your organisation to massive fines and damaging your brand.
  • Gerard | 14 Jun 2013, 03:47 PM Agree 0
    These signs sould like a checklist of behaviours both my GM and I were subjected to by our CEO and another GM on the executive - pretty poor form considering the level these behaviours were coming from and reputation this company had...... at this level it is pretty hard to prove these are discriminatory behaviours but you are correct Jane, I wouldn't tolerate any of my reports carrying on in this fashion.
  • Pearl | 15 Jun 2013, 07:13 AM Agree 0
    From my previous 5 years experience, CEO and GM's do have a check list in front of them everyday when they are bullying staff to leave the non for profit organisation that they manage........ The "check list" they have is to tick off on the check list just how close they are to pushing the staff member 'over the edge' to just leave.... I am certain that CEO and GM's also get away with this, by destroying evidence when staff members actually do an exit report and how come they do their own 'internel HR audit' by certain staff members who are best friends of CEO & GM's of non for profit organisations ??????
  • Bernie Althofer | 15 Jun 2013, 03:37 PM Agree 0
    I guess the question that needs to be asked is this: "Why is it in this day and age do people even think that this type of behaviour is appropriate or that it might even justify their reasons for their actions?"

It might also be appropriate to ask whether or not those who participated in the survey worked in organisations that had a 'workplace bullying policy' and if so, whether or not the behaviours identified above were raised as examples of bullying or negative workplace behaviours.

If the behaviours had been identified and they were still used, then it defies logic as to why the organisation/s were continued to be exposed to risk and potential litigation.

It might also be the case that whilst this survey was conducted involved US employees, the various legislation that exists in Australia in relation to bullying, did not also exist in the various States in which the US employees worked.
Post a reply