Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How important is your office fitout?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 28 Jan 2014, 11:11 AM Agree 0
Office fitouts can drastically affect how your staff perform, a study has revealed.
  • Katie | 28 Jan 2014, 01:10 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely it effects staff! It gives employees a good idea of the level of care of the business - how innovative and invested it is. Our office is modern and sleek and its a pleasure to work in every day!
  • Lyn | 28 Jan 2014, 03:09 PM Agree 0
    When we moved into a new office it was meant to be open plan and nothing left on desks. Bookcases and some barriers have had to go up for some who cant work in open plan, and desks are certainly not showplaces! Lack of private meeting areas is the main problem.
  • Cameron | 28 Jan 2014, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for your comment, Katie. Would you be able to provide any insights as to what a modern office is really like? Does it always mean an open plan design, or are there other things to consider?
  • Harley | 28 Jan 2014, 03:34 PM Agree 0
    Viva la Standing Desks!
  • Andrew Broom | 28 Jan 2014, 05:31 PM Agree 0
    Office fit-out needs to suit both introverted and extroverted staff - top of mind here is open-plan vs individual offices as per the HC Online report last year. Always a balance of business requirements, space and cost and getting the best from employees.
  • Belinda | 31 Jan 2014, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    I recently discussed this with an old colleague. Their business has recently made the change to mobile desks - essentially, you don't have a desk - come in and pick one for the day. Instantly, my thoughts were racing. It shows a lack of committment to the employees and doesn't allow them to make work a positive part of their lives. On the other hand, my current workplace encourages a bit of personality and creativity being injected into the workplace. So much so that over Christmas and other festive times of the year, we run decorating competitions.
    I think these days, the decisions businesses make on the functionality, innovation and overall fitout of an office is just one of the many factors contributing towards a person's (external and internal) perception of that business/brand. Its been said over and over again, but just have a look at Google...!
  • Samantha Inglis | 17 Oct 2016, 02:07 PM Agree 0
    Really good thoughts here! Office fitouts are very important because it has a big impact on the performance of the staff in the workplace. The quality of Office fit out we have in the premises will tell what kind of business we have and will determine the success that a company wants to achieve. I had no idea on the best items to choose but thanks to the articles I read from www.office-fitouts.net.au they have given me the best ideas.
Post a reply