Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hot-desking lands ATO in compensation case

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 25 Feb 2015, 07:45 AM Agree 0
The Australian Taxation Office has been involved in a long legal battle after an employee sustained injuries from changes made to her work station by casual employees.
  • Paul | 25 Feb 2015, 06:36 PM Agree 0
    Could only happen in the public sector. What next?

Someone adjust my phones ring tone and I now have Tinnitus.
  • Jocelyn | 26 Feb 2015, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Making light of an employee injury whilst also denigrating the public sector is childish and unhelpful. There are a myriad of private sector decisions in the area of worker's compensation that also on the surface may appear curious, but if you read the decisions in full, a more nuanced picture appears.
  • caca | 04 Mar 2015, 06:55 PM Agree 0
    This is just ridiculous. Another example of employees not taking responsibility for their own well being.
  • Andy | 10 Mar 2015, 10:40 PM Agree 0
    Just ridiculous... Some one get this SILLY lawyer a real case / job. Seriously !!!
  • Ute McEachran | 27 Mar 2015, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    How about her car seat and mirror adjustment when her car gets serviced. What about suing her GP for inappropriate seating at his surgery
    As someone who has recovered from a whiplash injury and a normal person I can easily identify if changes have been made and any employee who in 2015 still cannot adjust their own chair - well this is not a matter of a physical injury but a matter of someone who clearly has an aversion to being at work. I have done thousands of workplace assessments, I can questimate what is a good setting but in the end it all comes down to personal comfort and how bulky the clothing or jacket/coat etc hanging over back of chair. This woman is an adult not a toddler who needs to be put in a seat by an adult.
  • Paul | 23 Apr 2015, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    Good one Ute - well said!
Post a reply