Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hot-desking, hot or not?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 07 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
In an age where employees are demanding flexibility and mobility as part of their commitment to their employers, hot-desking, in conjunction with remote working, provides possible solutions.
  • Kylie Dowell | 26 Apr 2012, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    My experience has been hot-desking works well for those who job share, or are only in the office a few times a week or month. I could see many more issues with hot-desking if the entire office were to implement it. However if is utilized for only a few positions or people I always recommend the following points.
    1. Always ensure an adjustable chair is available and that the desk phone can be moved from left to right.
    2. That the PC (if shared) phone and desk is sanitized between each different user to reduce the spread of illness
    3. Allow the individuals to personalize their computer desktop of their family, pet or sports car etc as a way to help create their own identity without having to mark their territory on or around the desk.
    4. where possible allow the use of a mobile phone, to minimize issues with phone messages being lost.

As a consultant I have several clients who provide me with a hot-desk when I am on site and it works really well.
Post a reply