Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hoax DJ makes claim against company for unsafe workplace

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 11 Jul 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A DJ involved in the ‘royal hoax’ last year could receive a large pay-out from her employer’s parent company.
  • Anonymous | 11 Jul 2013, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    This is a joke. She is turning this into a payout? When will people begin taking responsibility for their own actions?
  • Phil O'Brien | 11 Jul 2013, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    Have we really come to a place where out and out stupidity is rewarded?

What’s next, will workplace bullies be able to sue their employers due to the mental anguish they suffer from being a bully or will criminals being able to sue the state because they have suffered a psychological injury due to committing crimes that hurt other people.
  • SNJ | 11 Jul 2013, 03:19 PM Agree 0
    Isn't the media encouraged by the industry to behave as such?, making "pranking" almost part of the norm. It is unfortunate that Jacinta thought that the Queen and the Prince was worth taking her life but an adverse action claim on this? C'mon lets not bastardize the legislation that is meant for real adverse action claims.
  • Sharon | 11 Jul 2013, 04:00 PM Agree 0
    So now she is the victim? Not on.
  • Juliana | 11 Jul 2013, 04:11 PM Agree 0
    She's done this many times before but now it's unsafe. The 'pay-out' if it ever happens will never be revealed, and trust a 'No win, No fee' law firm to take on such a ridiculous case. She's not terminated, she's been offered roles to come back to and she is still on PAID leave. She can't have 6 months of sick leave up her shoulders. It's not Austereo's fault the Nurse was suicidal, and for Scotland Yard to ask Australian police to charge her with 'something' makes a mockery out of Globalisation.
  • Donald | 11 Jul 2013, 04:32 PM Agree 0
    Got to disagree with everyone here. The radio station encourages this and when things go wrong it hangs one of its employees out to dry?

Right through this whole saga, the radio station itself has taken little responsibility, whereby it is significantly responsible.

Whether adverse action is the right way I'm not convinced, but I wouldn't lambast this young lady doing her job!
  • Angela Brown | 14 Jul 2013, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    This is a crime. It should be dealt with approperiate in the court of law
  • SB | 15 Jul 2013, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    Ordinarily I was be cynical of these types of claims but in these circumstances, as described and lets face it there will be more detail than we have privy too, but I think she is entitled to seek remedy to her situation. She is an employee and entitled to the same protections as others, who make and achieve claims for scenarios less compelling than this. About time those that create media sensationalism, and benefit from the misfortune of most, are held accountable for their actions and systems.
  • Shame on Media | 16 Jul 2013, 07:52 AM Agree 0
    Sorry, but the media have made many lives of families hell. Shame on the media. They get to destroy peoples lives every day !!!!!!!
Post a reply