Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Half of interviewees prove 'no show'

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 17 Aug 2011, 12:29 PM Agree 0
Between January and March of this year, 45% of job seekers did not attend their scheduled recruitment agency interviews.
  • Chester | 17 Aug 2011, 04:36 PM Agree 0
    Speaking from personal experience I can say that Centrelink is hopeless at managing this process. Several times I called them to say that I had found a job and there was no need to keep me on their books. The letters from them kept coming to say that I must attend an interview with an agent. This has been going on since May. Could the figures you have quoted be skewed by this sort of thing?
  • trlesc | 18 Aug 2011, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    I wish there was a way of reporting the "no shows" to Centrelink.......... it completely wastes peoples time...........why would candidates agree to an interview and then not show up??

This used to be a big issue for us (40% no shows) but since we implemented our new online recruiting package - Expr3ss - we have reduced our no shows to 2%........which is a great improvement and we now find the right people for the right jobs.

In saying that, I would still like to report the "no shows".......they should have their benefits cut.
  • Skywater | 19 Aug 2011, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    Unfortuately, jobseekers do not usually have the opportunity to agree to an interview with a JSA agency; they are simply sent a letter telling them when their interview is scheduled for. Provided they receive the letter (and many unemployed people are in very transitional housing) they then do have the opportunity to contact the agency to make an alternate time for interview; but many people do not have the social skills to even realise the need to do this, or the confidence to ring. There are lots of reasons why people are unemployed for so long that they are placed with a JSA agency, and some of those reasons also make it hard for them to comply with interview and other Centrelink requirements.
Post a reply