Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Getting creative with employee benefits

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 30 Sep 2013, 12:03 AM Agree 0
A new study reveals the most innovative benefits employers are offering to combat turnover.
  • Ethan Harley | 30 Sep 2013, 05:31 PM Agree 0
    I coordinate the employee benefits program for a large employer (10 000+) with employees all over Australia communication is one of the biggest challenges with employee benefits. Our benefits program has seen various unique offers including discounts on health, finance, IT, automotive, educational, entertainment and travel services (with leads often generated from supply chain) but generally delivered little return.

The benefits that have delivered value are such things as our flexable working arrangements supported by our subsidised BYOD policy and a funded long service and recognition program.

Our future efforts will be on developing a wellness strategy, using data to demonstrate how benefits are being used and working with marketing to strengthen internal communications. The idea is to use benefits as a primer to support other HR efforts.
  • Zoe Lamont | 02 Oct 2013, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    I agree Ethan, I run a fun financial wellness program. Every employer we work with offers some awesome benefits but it seems communicating them and measuring their effectiveness is where the gap is.
Post a reply