Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Germanwings crash – employee burnout to blame?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Mar 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
The Germanwings co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing a plane with 150 people on board had confessed to “burnout.”
  • Sarah | 27 Mar 2015, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    There is no excuse, burnout or otherwise, to take the lives of 149 innocent people. Only terrorists and total psychos commit this type of atrocity. Psychos are specially good at masking their mental condition, and many can breeze through psychological tests, counselling, etc. This is why most serial killers are able to maintain good jobs and even mix socially in a normal way.
  • Michael | 27 Mar 2015, 04:47 PM Agree 0
    A little quick for these suggestive questions I would have thought. Nevertheless, regarding how effective employee tests are - well - I believe those faining wellness fool doctors, so employers must be easy pickings especially when employee "rights" and "entitlements" force employers to manage circumstances they would ordinarily prefer to not. Lets hope that this was not one of those cases where an employer unable to demonstrate a reasonable nexus between a condition and a work, was obliged to return the person to their previous work.
Post a reply