Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

FWC decision: National minimum wage up by 2.6%

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 03 Jun 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
The Fair Work Commission has announced a 2.6% increase in the national minimum wage, which will rise to $622.20 a week, up from $606.40.
  • RivercityIR | 04 Jun 2013, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    Whilst I will never begrudge a worker a pay rise at any time, I think the time is long overdue for government to stop throwing money as the supposed answer to things and start looking at the cause. Why is the cost of living so high and what can we do about it...They may even find in the solutions they would create more jobs at less cost than simply giving people more money.
  • kevin | 04 Jun 2013, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    I agree with RivercityIR. Productivity is the only true way to deliver a better standard of living. An there are are far better ways to deliver benefits. Imagine if the $50billion plus that was wasted on pink batts and school halls was actually used to build more social housing the impact that would have had on the lives of very people in this demographic and everyone else competing for a rental property. Oh for someone with vision in government.
Post a reply