Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Frontline leadership: Are you on the level?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 13 May 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
If most of the action happens on the frontline, Dan Hammond asks why leaders spend so little time there

• Yousuf | 16 May 2009, 08:58 PM Agree 0
    I understand ur point but the frontline staff works on minimum wages with very little chances of promotion. And a lot of this leadership talk is just talk. U will find favourism in all departments of retail business and trust me that is a killer of motivation.

Nevertheless I have to agree that the service standards have been falling. Maybe we are used to very high quality of service which comes at a price that the companies cannot afford anymore.
  • Dan Hammond | 24 Jun 2009, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    Hi Yousuf, thanks for the comment. You are right, these guys are not well paid and my article was not supposed to blame them. However, leadership is more than talk - it can be a selfless, humble profession that brings meaning to the work of everyone in the organisation and inspires excellence. The service I expected would not have cost the companies any more as long as the leaders were doing their job. Happy to talk some more! Really appreciate the comment. Dan
Post a reply