Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

From amateur to professional: Coaching comes of age

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 20 Feb 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The notion of executive coaching in the business world has often been written off too soon as just another corporate fad. But thanks to a growing body of research, executive coaching is being seen as a serious business tool.
  • Felicity S Law | 22 Feb 2012, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    Great news! I've experienced, as well as seen first hand, the impact that good coaching has on, not only the coachee, but the team they lead, the business they manage, and the clients they service.

Don't knock it until you've tried it!
  • Robyn Creed - Director of Coaching at Barrett Cons | 23 Feb 2012, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Great post! It’s pleasing to see that coaching has become more mainstream for professionals and individuals at all levels. Everyone (particularly those at the helm of business) need people to pose unbiased questions to help create the clarity we all seek. I often talk about Questions equaling Answers. My line of work as a professional coach is also seeing a rise in people and organisations seeking “coach the coach” training programs. The companies I speak to are now realising that training their managers as coaches results in higher performance and increased morale and staff retainment. It’s truly wonderful to see companies and people blossoming from taking the time to undertake professional coaching as a true personal and professional development tool.
Post a reply