Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Free ‘Advice Centre’ for HR launched

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 05 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A new service providing free advice and resources for HR in Australia has been launched. How good is it, and will it help you?
  • SDM | 05 Sep 2013, 02:53 PM Agree 0
    Danger alert! I think it sounds wonderful on the surface but from my experience, the devil is always in the detail. Even when I am dealing directly with Solicitors or Partners I am challenging advice becasue one piece of detail can affect the advice you get. If all they can provide is text book" advice or consolidate information from other sites such as the FWA site so you don;t have to searcg it, then fine I guess but I'd be curious to understand how useful it really is.
  • Lester | 05 Sep 2013, 03:19 PM Agree 0
    ...fancy alerting others to a 'danger' you've not yet properly assessed yourself. Try the service SDM, let your curiosity wander. Condemn it all you like, only after you've done that.
  • eb | 05 Sep 2013, 03:23 PM Agree 0
    I agree with SDM Australian employment legislation is so complex that you need to look at everything in its totality and context. The person asking a simple question may not have enough knowledge to cover all aspects of what they are asking. Always check with someone who deals with employment issues all the time rather than a simple online answer.
  • FLK | 05 Sep 2013, 03:31 PM Agree 0
    This site is great! Yes SDM, the devil is in the detail but as a first point of information when struggling to understand a lot of the complex employment law/HR environment it's a really helpful tool. I've already looked through some of the questions and found useful answers. I'd suggest you check it out!
  • Daniel | 06 Sep 2013, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    I just checked the website out. I looked at a sample of four questions asked. Two of the responses were "OK" in terms of their accuracy and fullness of response. The other two answers were plain wrong. My conclusion, at this stage, is that the site should not be relied upon for advice.
Post a reply