Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Forgiveness: the most underrated trait in business?

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 08 Jan 2015, 08:33 AM Agree 0
One leadership expert says forgiveness is an important yet over-looked asset in the workplace – here’s how to successfully build it into your company.
  • Greg Pritchard | 08 Jan 2015, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    The forms and processes that 'erode a person's confidence' can actually build skills and confidence if they are managed well. I agree with the general message in this post but only if the forgiveness about which you speak is enhanced by a level of accountability from all parties to ensure the employee learns and delivers on the job to be done and the employer gets value from the efforts of the employee. G.
  • Kevin | 08 Jan 2015, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    When I read the title I thought great, forgiveness and compassion are aligned to a "no blame" leadership style which I fully endorse but it appears it is something completely different. Not too sure what to make of it. I would suggest most of the types of documents listed are a consquence of employers attempting to protect themselves and their business from our current industrial laws. Applying these processes in a forgiving compassionate and no blame way is the key, not the forms.
Post a reply