Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Five “outside of the box” interview questions to ask

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 26 Feb 2015, 07:32 AM Agree 0
Bizarre questions don’t help anyone in the hiring process – but original ones do. Here are five to try next time.
  • Sebastian | 26 Feb 2015, 09:48 PM Agree 0
    Rapid fire questions might be good in an assessment centre, but I believe they have much less value in an interview. If you don't explain why you are using this technique, the candidate has a right to ask what these questions have to do with the job. And do you really want to 'intimidate' a candidate? Not a great way to start an employment relationship.
  • Virginia | 02 Mar 2015, 01:13 PM Agree 0
    I agree that some jobs might benefit with the "rapid fire questions" approach particularly if you're are looking for an extravert who, generally, can think quickly on their feet. Most introverts, however, would not cope as well under this approach and then you could be missing out on a brilliant candidate (most introverts go away and think things through and come up with brilliant ideas, often more brilliant than their extravert counterparts!).
  • Amanda Rochford | 02 Mar 2015, 06:39 PM Agree 0
    If an interviewer asked me those questions I would not want to work for someone who (a) is rude and (b) doesnt know what's relevant and (c) spends valuable time trying to 'trick' me. Enough of the rubbish - play straight.
Post a reply