Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Female graduate pay gap doubles

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 07 Jan 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
New figures show the pay gap between Australian female university graduates and their male counterparts more than doubled last year.
  • Deborah | 08 Jan 2013, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    I'm curious as to know what sectors of the workforce this applies to. In all of the companies I have worked for I've never been a victim of pay inequality nor witnessed it happening.

Does anyone else have further information?

Best wishes
  • Anna | 14 Jan 2013, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    These could potentially be smaller organisations that they have researched which may not have access to graduate best practivce salary examples.

It would be worth touching base with the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE), they do graduate research with High fliers (UK research firm) across Australia and New Zealand and most of their organisations, I believe over 300 member organisations participate, offer the same pay for male and female grads. The grad research conducted by High Fier in the UK conduct the research on graduates who accept and start a role, this is also easured across industries.

As an Ex-grad recruiter for a large organisation my experience has been that organisations offer the same amount for the same role, the variance is often in the amount of female to male graduates applying for different role streams. Just an example, typically far more male engineering graduates than female, and typically more female Marketing graduates than male, which are different from an entry level pay perspective.

Post a reply