Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

FBT changes under fire

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 20 Aug 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
As the FBT fallout continues, one of Australia’s largest car companies has attacked Prime Minister Rudd’s changes.
  • kevin | 20 Aug 2013, 04:53 PM Agree 0
    It is about time the Labor Part looked up two words in the dictionary namely, consultation and consequences. Reminiscent of the Life cattle export debacle.
    Also appears that they also need a definition of "positive" as opposed to "negative" campaign.
    Sugges we give them at least 3 years off to go back to school.
  • Peter | 21 Aug 2013, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    My initial evaluation when the changes were initially promoted was 'me thinks they protest too much'. Simplistically the change was explained to me as returning to the requirement of recording mv travel for a period of time. It might be dated but difficult to get around due to its basic nature.

I am usually suspicious of responses within hrs of a policy change that rant about 000's of job losses, naming sectors and categories affected...because I doubt the respondent has sufficient modelling for the rant to be based on 'the real facts of the matter'.
    Those real facts will be revealed so long as a conversation is involved.
  • kevin | 21 Aug 2013, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    The immediate impact on our business is that 103 car orders have been cancelled, we are no longer able to develop employment contracts as before and recruitment is being impacted. But thats just us. Perhaps I should have gone to Treasury for a more formal outlook. Reality is reality. Also what is equally important with such changes is to review the purpose of what was in place and why it was introduced in the first place. Suggest if you bothered to check the ATO were fed up with the need to check 1000k of tax returns. What is the impact of this change on their capacity and capability and resources. But that is reality isn't it. Yet another example of policy on the run - good for the joggers amongst us.
Post a reply