Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far out Friday: Snoop Dogg under fire for 'creepy' workplace comments

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 12 Jun 2015, 08:11 AM Agree 0
A camerawoman says she felt “belittled” while filming an interview with the music mogul but said it’s come to be expected.
  • Bernie Althofer | 12 Jun 2015, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    There appears to be certain 'music' or lyrics that constantly ridicule, demean, belittle individuals in a way that seems to generate considerable returns on investment for those performers. In most workplaces, the content or language would be deemed to be unacceptable. However, as the article indicates, the camera operator indicated that 'it's come to be expected'. Unfortunately when society and workplaces tolerate such conduct and behaviour, it become accepted. Perhaps if people stopped making these people the centre of attention and stopped buying their 'music' they might realise that they need to treat people with respect and dignity, irrespective of gender.
  • Maze | 12 Jun 2015, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    Snoop is a Boss! This is the way he always talks and it is not that he doesn't respect woman that is just his persona i.e. laid back and relaxed. I don't think I have ever seen a snoop interview where he does not refer to woman as 'baby'.

The camera woman says she felt 'belittled' by his comments. Normally when someone gets a shout out from a super celebrity they are flattered.

I don't see this as a sexism scandal. In my opinion it is being blown out of all proportion.
Post a reply