Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far out Friday: Legal bill for worker’s sex-injury compensation claim tops $600,000

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Mar 2015, 10:21 AM Agree 0
After one public servant’s raunchy business trip resulted in injury, taxpayers have been hit with a $600,000 legal bill.
  • HR Dude | 27 Mar 2015, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    I'm still of the opinion that this should come under worker's compensation. If she would have been paid out for playing cards, tripping in the shower or a range of other things not encouraged by the employer then sex is no different.
  • caca | 27 Mar 2015, 02:40 PM Agree 0
    You must be kidding HR Dude. I personally don't think any of those things should be paid out.
  • HR Dude | 27 Mar 2015, 02:52 PM Agree 0
    I'm of the opinion that if you pay one, then you need to pay the other.

If you want to scrap all activities not directly related to employment then there is equity (perhaps not justice) in that approach.
  • Robin | 30 Mar 2015, 07:03 AM Agree 0
    Totally agree with caca - common sense has indeed prevailed but what a total waste of $600,000 spent on this laughing stock of a case which we (as taxpayers) have all outlaid - seems it's the lawyers who win again.
  • Amanda Rochford | 30 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    I agree with HR dude. The activity (sex) is a perfectly normal and expected activity in a bed. The only reason the employee was in THAT particular bed, in a room with a shonky light fitting, is because she was travelling for work purposes. She should be covered by workers comp.
Post a reply