Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Facebook job-seeker offers $500

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 26 Jul 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
An unemployed woman searching for work opted for a new spin on social media to try to land a position.
  • Damien Sloane | 26 Jul 2013, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    I think using SM in this way is valid, probably.
    From the point of view of an employer I would be concerned about how many response you might get though if you advertsied this way.
  • Sue Ellson | 26 Jul 2013, 03:03 PM Agree 0
    You should always let everyone you know that you are looking for work when your situation changes as it helps you access the hidden jobs market, gain a referral, is a form of networking and can even lead to some on the job experience that leads to a job.

I always encourage people to use multiple concurrent strategies when looking for work - and in particular, make sure your profile is current and up to date on
  • John C | 26 Jul 2013, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    Good on Her. I would be more likely inclined to hire a person who has the nous and determination to get out there and find a position. If this person can bring this determination and drive to the business then the business has to be better off. Good luck to her.
  • Clara Pound | 26 Jul 2013, 03:56 PM Agree 0
    Great initiative, well done. I certainly would be willing to consider someone who had taken the options to create her own opportunity!
Post a reply