Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Exit interviews: you’re doing them wrong

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Mar 2014, 10:59 AM Agree 0
The ideal time to conduct an exit interview could be much sooner than you’d think.
  • Michael Minns | 27 Mar 2014, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    Having the HR person conduct the exit interview, either at the beginning or at the end of the period of employment d-skills the manager
  • John Linnett | 27 Mar 2014, 03:25 PM Agree 0
    Why would KPMG only use "stay" interviews with Female Partners? Is that not sexism with a capital S for stupid?
  • Harley | 31 Mar 2014, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    @John: Stay interviews would reveal a lot about the barriers, either due to gender or other that would allow these partners to exceed in the workplace. While I see your point about the one-sided nature, it would also be apparent that high level female employees would encounter fairly unique challanges that their male counterparts would not.

Back to the main point, I think these are a fantastic idea. When I worked with volunteers I'd spend half the interview probing what they wanted to get out of the expeirence of volunteering. It gave me a good chance to align their wants with the area of the organisation (often different from what they were applying for) and weed out those without suitable expectations.
Post a reply