Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Employers urged to look beyond glossy social media profiles

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 17 Sep 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
A new survey has revealed that while recruiters often ask to view Facebook pages and Twitter activity during interviews, the picture they reveal is not necessarily accurate – putting the onus back on employers to delve deeper.
  • David Als | 17 Sep 2012, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    So of the 120 Companies surveyed, 28% pause the interview to ask the candidate to log into their feed so they can peruse their updates? Can I remind said Companies (personally I don't think this stat has any credibility) what happened when this occurred in the US earlier this year, the response fromFacebook AND the response from Congress?
    http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/view/25609/us-to-legislate-protecting-facebook-passwords-from-employers/
  • Judy Higgins | 19 Sep 2012, 01:34 PM Agree 0
    Unless you are trained to read non-verbals like some of those stated above you could make some very false conclusions. Any employer who bases an appointment on the applicants social media profile has got rocks in his/her head. Social media is a ridiculous way to hire employees.
Post a reply