Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Employees admit to more distractions when working from home

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 27 Nov 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Studies have consistently shown productivity improves with telework, but staff say they’re more easily distracted when working from home
  • Mark Anderson | 28 Nov 2012, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    I have spent the last 10 years working from home and I don't have an issue with any of the 'distractions' highlighted in the bullet points listed. I laughed out loud when I read the second to last point - keep TV on as company?!? They are obviously not working hard enough in the first place!!

The guidelines suggested are very good and these are what I have kept in place, on an subconscious level, throughout - this is the only way you can guarantee you will get anything done and done well.

I have found when I need to go back to an office environment, the distractions experienced are so frustrating. People talking incessantly to each from cubicle to cubicle. The weekly "time for cake"... the drop ins - people who don't have enough work to occupy themselves to go find other people who they think shouldn't be working harder than them... so let's chat.

Give me working from home anytime, set up in an office environment (desk, printer, etc)... and not just using your laptop on the couch.
Post a reply