Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Employee bad behaviour that will shock you

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 13 Jun 2014, 11:26 AM Agree 0
We in HR know that bad behaviour happens in the office from time to time, but a new study shows that the scale and frequency of it may be worse than you thought.
  • Matilda | 13 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM Agree 0
    Very interesting topic and one which should be looked at very seriously. I've worked as a manager and managed a few employee and I was "bullied" by my staffs. As I was new to the department and the majority of the staff have been working in the department for at least 15 -20years, I had no right to manage them. This department had the worst work place culture and attitude that I have ever seen. The business manager who has been working there also for at least 15 yrs descriped it as "the most toxic environment". My direct manager was also just like the staff as he too started off as a kid in the department so all the staff were his friends and he allowed them to get away with their laziness, bulling and bad attitues. I know many managers and supervisors out there are being bullied by their staff and this is becasue the head of departments protects the staff and do not support the managers. It is sad that staff's words are taken nothing but the truth and the poor managers have to suffer and no one cares. There shold be some kind of law to "fire" workers who bully their managers. People focus on staff being bullied but there is nothing to protect managers when the situation is reversed.
  • Melanie | 16 Jun 2014, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    I am constantly snubbed at work and my opinions are not valued. Needless to say it makes it difficult to want to come to work or to be productive when laziness and association is more valued than how much you do. I try to work methodology everyday and have ensured to set some personal goals in place. Some days are harder than others, whilst it's unfortunate that organisations allow this to happen it is comforting to know that I am not alone
  • Kerri | 25 Jun 2014, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    Wow Matilda I'm in exactly the same predicament. Same issues exactly and it's so hard as I've never experienced this in my whole working career. Funny as the word "toxic" was also used by a previous staff member to me. When I was interviewed I was told everyone would dislike me as they were always able to do as they please and this went on for years. Along comes Kerri as Manager and I'm snubbed by head office staff, I'm continually harassed by them, My general manager told me that she doesn't know how to handle it. I'ts the first time in my professional life that I've been treated this way and it is just horrible. Reading both your comments actually blew me away to know this happens in other workplaces too. I believe in all big companies especially where they can afford to have a HR person onsite full-time this would help very much I think.
Post a reply