Human Capital forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Don’t be dazzled by those with egos

Notify me of new replies via email
HC Online | 21 May 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
All too often the loudest voices demand the most attention – but new research from New Zealand shows that those people with excessive self-belief in their skills and ability may be the least likely to produce the best results.
  • Harley | 21 May 2013, 04:54 PM Agree 0
    Interesting, seems very linked to implicit and explicit self-esteem. When someone has high implicit self-esteem they respond much better to potentially challanging situations. Although it is hard then to recognise these people because often they arn't the ones who celebrate their successes as much.

High explicit self-esteem when matched with low explicit causes a fragile state within the person. Critism is either ignored or challanged (sometimes agressivly) and can cause someone to collapse under pessure.
  • Catherine | 21 May 2013, 07:32 PM Agree 0
    I think most of us in HR knew that! Objective assessments are essential tools in recruitment and assessment!
  • Andrew | 22 May 2013, 01:47 PM Agree 0
    I'm sure there's a link to introvert, extrovert or centrovert personalities as well...mind you there's always exceptions ot that rule such as shy extroverts or ego-driven introverts.
Post a reply